The Earth, without art, would just be Eh.
So it stands to reason that the cycling industry (address: Earth) also depends on art and artists. The only difference is their methods and mediums. You see, the definition of art is — something that is created with imagination and skill and that is beautiful or that expresses important ideas or feelings. In that case I can think of many artists. The person with an idea for the newest, fastest race bike or the person that feels their handmade bike needs to have a certain ride quality. Art is also in the imagination of people who can look at forest covered mountains and say, we can put a trail here. You can also find it in the skill of the web designers that deliver it all to you via the interwebs. So it wasn’t a difficult choice putting art and creativity as two of our core values at BeersNGears, but doesn’t matter how much we value art if we’re no good at creating it. Which is why we need your help.
“Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep” – Scott Adams
We’re looking for local artists to partner with us to design one-of-a-kind custom artwork for our 2016 BeersNGears bike events here in Winston-Salem, NC. Artwork would be used for print advertising, website and social media promotions and could be featured on t-shirts.
Here’s the deal:
- Projects will have a 3 week timeline:
- Week 1 – We meet with the artist, share our vision of the event as well as event details and any required logos/images. The artist has the rest of the week to create 3-5 ideas/drawings.
- Week 2 – We meet again (in person or virtually) to review the initial ideas. We’ll choose 1 or 2 designs that we’d like to see further developed. The artist has the rest of the week to refine the 1 or 2 chosen designs.
- Week 3 – We meet once again (in person or virtually) to decide on final design and request any final changes. The artist has the rest of the week to make any final edits needed, digitize the final design and send file.
- If the artist does not have the capability to digitize artwork we can make accommodations
- Artists receive a $50 stipend for supplies for each project
- Artists should sign their artwork and submit a bio to be featured on the BeersNGears website and social media outlets.
- Artists will receive a print of their work as well as a tshirt, if shirts are printed.
If we still have your attention at this point and you (or someone you know) is interested in sharing your artistic talents please send us an email with a few examples of your work. We’ll be contacting artists in the coming weeks to get things started.